We offer local market expertise at international level experience advising on legal and commercial matters related to project structuring and implementation, acquiring, development, financing, government regulations, construction, operating and maintenance and other contract issues across every sector and help in identifying market, production, political and other risks, propose methods to mitigate those risks and advise on ways for liabilities reduction and minimization. We have in depth understanding of investors, financing parties and other key stakeholders’ needs in large scale projects coupled with our local in depth insight, know-how and networking to see such projects through to their successful completion.
Areas of Expertise:
- Energy & Power (power generation and transmission and all forms of renewable energy)
- Oil & Gas (including liquefied natural gas (LNG) and petrochemicals)
- Mining and Metals
- Infrastructure & Construction (including roads, airports, bridges, railways and ports)
- Telecom (including wireless, landline, etc.)
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Representation of an international solar company constructing and developing solar power projects with regard to entry into the Thai market for IPP, SPP and VSPP projects (including advising on regulatory matters, liaising with the authorities, tender and bidding process, FDI issues relating to investments in Thailand, and undertaking all due diligence and corporate work and preparation of relevant documentation such as lease agreements, MOUs, JV arrangements, etc.).
- Representation of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sun Edison Energy Thailand Co., Ltd. for the proposed financing of approx. US$250 million for the construction and development of solar power projects in Thailand and providing an overview of all regulatory matters relating to the Thai energy sector and FDI issues relating to investments in Thailand.
- Representation of EDF SEA Ltd, a subsidiary of the EDF Group energy conglomerate, on renewable energy projects in Thailand and related regulatory and FDI issues.
- Acting for a new venture bus company for inner-city transportation in connection with the raising of US$15,000,000, business strategy and legal advice, preparation, negotiation and drafting of corporate documents (including confidentiality agreements and MOUs, JV arrangements, shareholders agreement, etc.).
- Acting for EBRD, Concord Power Gas AG, Nigeria LNG, SIPC (Methanol Project), QGPC (QatarGas), EAIF AES SONEL, Deutsche Bank (Peak Petroleum), Saudi Aramco (Cogen Projects) on LNG, oil, methanol and aluminum projects.
- Acting for the State of Israel in Tel Aviv Light Rail BOT tender, a22 km light rail line in Metropolitan Tel Aviv (US$1.2 Billion Project), including drafting part of the concession agreement.
- Acting for V.I.D. Consortium (comprising of Veolia Water S.A.(Vivendi Water subsidiary), I.D.E Technologies Ltd., and Elran (D.D.) Infrastructures Ltd.) who was awarded the tender for the largest desalination facility in the world, in 30 million and 100 million m3/annum BOO and BOT Water Desalination tenders.
- Acting for the above Consortium 80MW CCGT Independent power plant tender (and project subsequently), in connection with the water desalination plants including an Excess Electricity Sale Agreement with the State of Israel and regulatory issues.
- Acting for various consortiums in four other BOO and BOT projects who were awarded tenders for the extraction of underground water reserves for approximately 15-30 million m3/annum each.